Who we are
Address of our website is www.fitterearth.com
Below, you can read about what personal data we collect, our ways to collect, whom we share with and our reasons for collecting and using your personal details.
The information we collect
Here are the types of information we may collect.
Information You Give Us
Includes personal information that you provide us like Name, username, password, postal address, physical address, phone number, email address, payment information while using our website and services.
We may collect automatic information not directly provided by you for improving our services. Following are some examples of the automatic information that we gather while you access our website or use our services:
- Demographics – Language used, country and city from which our website is accessed, age and gender of the user visiting our website.
- System – Devices used (Ex: Desktops, Tablets, Mobile Phone and details of the devices), browsers (Ex: Chrome, Safari and alike), Operating Systems (Ex: Android, Windows, iOS and alike), service provider (Ex: Vodafone, Beam Telecom and alike) and screen resolution (768*1024, 360*640 and alike) and any other related settings.
- Referral URL of your request.
- Purchase history, cookie number, products you searched and viewed.
- Any telephone number used to contact us, time and date of calls and messages, duration of calls, routing information, and types of call.
- Bowser data such as cookies, Flash cookies or similar data.
- Date of your visit to the website, time spent on each page, the pages you have visited, the number of times you access the website within any period, navigating through the pages like scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs.and similar details.
- Information about you from other sources.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Purpose of collecting the data
All the data is collected to provide you services and continually improve the shopping experience. The the data we collect is used to assist sellers to handle orders, deliver products and services, share on going offers, update records, fraud prevention and other purposes. We use the data for internal analysis and to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content.
Sharing of the Information/Personal Data
FitterEarth.com is committed towards protecting the data it receives. We are not in the business of selling the data.
In order to provide you with the highest quality services, FitterEarth.com partners with several external companies (‘third parties’) with whom it shares your personal information for the sole purpose of providing the products and services as mentioned.
- Our sellers use personal data like contact information to enable shipping products that you order.
- Mass mailing services like Webmail, Sendgrid, Peppipost uses the collected email addresses in order to create a database out of them, and to arrange mass delivery of our newsletters.
- Google Analytics (web analytics tool) tracks your on-site behavior (the date of your visit to the website, the length of each session, the pages you have visited, the number of times you access the website within any month, and similar details) in order to help us understand the needs and actions of our website visitors, and improve our performance accordingly.
- Payment gateways like PayPal, 2checkout and Payumoney use the transaction details to process payments.
We may be required to share the aforesaid information with government authorities and agencies for the purposes of verification of identity or for prevention, detection or investigation, including of cyber incidents, prosecution and punishment of offences. You agree with us to disclose your information, if required, under applicable law.
Other than as mentioned above, you will receive notice when information about you have to be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Your personal information is only used by a limited number of people who are eligible to access such data, and are obliged to keep the personal details and financial information strictly confidential.
- We store personal information on secure servers (SSL)that are managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, such as username and password authentication.
- According to our customised settings, Google Analytics (web analytics tool) deletes the gathered information on the website users’ behavior in 2 years since every particular visitor’s last access to the website.
Further in no event shall FitterEarth.com be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations here-under arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services; it being understood that we shall use reasonable efforts which are consistent with accepted practices in the industry to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
Rights you have over your data
If you have an account on our site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Further if you wish not to receive any promotional offers and other emails, you can unsubscribe from our services at any point in time.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
By using our website you hereby confirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older.
Notices and Revisions
Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We reassure our commitment about your data security, and will never modify our policies and practices to make them less protective.
You can contact us with a description in case you have any concern about your privacy or any other grievance and we will try our best to resolve the issue to the below.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
EWS 824, Navanangar, Hubli- 580025.
Karnataka State, India.